- Abstract SKU
- Abstract Product Id
- Concrete Product Id
The Crossmax name has a long tradition at Mavic!
It stands for high-performance mountain bike wheels, designed for ambitious rides, from cross country (XC) to trail. Whether you’re racing or riding demanding trail tours, the Mavic Crossmax SL wheelset can handle high demands.
The 28 mm wide Maxtal aluminium rims have hookless rim profiles and are optimised for wide tyres and low air pressures. This improves grip and traction in almost all conditions. This is also where Mavic's UST tubeless technology comes into play, which not only reduces weight and the risk of punctures in the tubeless construction, but also ensures less rolling resistance and more grip.
The resistant Black Shield surface coating of the matt black rim finish reliably protects against unsightly scratches from tough trail use. Plus, the Mavic Infinity hubs, also matt painted, and deep black flat spokes give the wheels a sporty, modern design.
So the Crossmax SL wheelset blends well into the overall look of any high-quality bike.
• UST tubeless technology: The Mavic standard for tubeless tyres not only improves traction, comfort and rolling resistance, but also reduces the risk of tyre defects.
• SUP (Soudé Usiné Process): Particularly stable, arc-welded rim joint where the weld of the rim joint is perfectly flat milled for a seamless, smooth transition to achieve balanced rotation without brake vibrations.
• Maxtal: Light and strong - this special aluminium alloy offers a better strength-to-weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloys.
• Fore tapeless tubeless technology: With Mavic Fore Technology, the spokes are connected directly to the lower rim bridge with a special screw nipple in an incorporated threaded receptacle to increase the resistance of the rim. The closed rim bed remains intact as part of the tubeless system. This makes it easy to change spokes and saves the extra weight of the rim tape.
• Black Shield Treatment: A special rim sealant on Mavic's MTB wheels with a double coating in a matt finish increases resistance to stone chips and scratches.
• QRM Auto (Qualité de Roulements Mavic Auto): Smooth-running, double-sealed and maintenance-free industrial bearings with high dimensional accuracy and self-adjusting bearing preload.
• ID 360 Instant Drive: A lightweight and low-friction Dual Ratchet freewheel system for explosive propulsion and reliable power transmission.
• Rim material: Maxtal aluminium
• Wheel size: 29"
• UST tubeless ready
• Hookless rim profile (asymmetric)
• Rim seam: SUP (welded)
• Rim width: approx. 28.2 mm
• Rim depth: approx. 20.7 mm
• Inner rim width: 25 mm
• ETRTO: 25 - 622
• For Presta valve (Ø 6.5 mm)
• Spokes: straightpull, aero profile, double butted
• Spoke material: steel
• Number of spokes front wheel: 24 pcs
• Number of spokes rear wheel: 24 pcs
• Spoke pattern front wheel: 2-cross (contactless)
• Spoke pattern rear wheel: 2-cross (contactless)
• Nipples: Fore aluminium nipples
• Hub material: aluminium hub body, aluminium axle
• Brake disc mount: Centerlock
• Freewheel: robust Instant Drive 360 freewheel system (toothed disc system)
• Compatibility: SHIMANO 12-speed MICRO SPLINE MTB cassettes (& SHIMANO 11-speed WIDE FLANGE MICRO SPLINE MTB cassettes)
• Front wheel bearing unit: self-adjusting, sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
• Rear wheel bearing unit: self-adjusting, sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
• Front axle: 15 x 110 mm (thru axle, BOOST)
• Rear axle: 12 x 148 mm (thru axle, BOOST)
• Weight: approx. 1,695 g (set), approx. 785 g (front), approx. 910 g (rear)
• Recommended tyre width: 2.0"-3.0" (50-76 mm)
• Recommended max. system weight: 150 kg (cyclist, bike, gear and luggage)
• Intended use - ASTM Category 3: For off-road use with jumps up to 61 cm
In the box:
• 1 x Mavic Crossmax SL Disc BOOST MTB front wheel 29", Centerlock
• 1 x Mavic Crossmax SL Disc BOOST MTB rear wheel 29", SHIMANO MICRO SPLINE, Centerlock
• 2 x Mavic UST valves
Mavic UST wheels may also be used with inner tubes in the standard version.
Please make sure to fill the tyre with sufficient sealant before using the Mavic UST wheels tubeless!
- Materiale: carbonio:
- Tubeless ready:
- Freehub body:
- Shimano Microspline
- 12 x 148mm, 15 x 110 mm